[Foxet] fonts

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 16 15:43:31 CET 2005

Adam Lindsay wrote:

> Adam's trying to figure out how xsl:fo font tags are hooked into ConTeXt.
> I'm experimenting now, but is there anything that gives the equivalent of
> \definedfont in there?
>
> Another option is to run texfont (--lcdf) to convert your OTFs. It's
> fast, effective, and easy. I can get you started with some typescripts,
> as well.

I'm not going to have time to experiment for a little while yet (I've
gotta finish this damned book first), but just wanted to start thinking
about it.

I'm just wondering how you code the FO documents, and how that maps to
foxet.

Also, Hans, I think it would be very valuable for Mac users to figure
out how to hook into XeTeX. It would be even nicer if it was totally
transparent (I could use the same font names and such for either XeTeX
or pdftex).

Bruce