[Foxet] Processing of DocBook XSL-FO output is failing

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jul 8 11:17:18 CEST 2005

Michael Smith wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> You wrote:
>

>>the proportional column width function is not supported, just remove that
>>spec
>

> Would it be possible to have foXet deal with it more gracefully?
> At least for the only kind of case in which it's used in DocBook
> XSL output, which is in instances like this:
>
>   <fo:table-column column-number="1" column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
>
> I will talk with the other DocBook Project developers and see if
> we can add some conditional logic for having something other than
> the proportional-column-width() function call output in those
> instances. But, in the mean time, perhaps the foXet code could be
> adjusted to have it just completely ignore the column-width
> attribute for those cases?

funtion parsing is a bit tricky; future versions of pdftex will have regexp
parsing so then we can implement safe solutions

around line 3000 in x-fo.tex, change this:

   \doifsomething{\XMLop{column-width}}
     {%\setlocalhsize
      %\FOtableW\localhsize
      \analyzefunction{\XMLop{column-width}}%
      % hm, we need to set localhsize earlier
      \doifelse\functionname{proportional-column-width}
        {\FOtableW\functionA\textwidth}
        {\FOtableW\textwidth
         \setpercentdimen\FOtableW{\XMLop{column-width}}}%
      \expanded{\setupTABLE[column][\FOtablecolumn][width=\the\FOtableW]}}