[Foxet] Processing of DocBook XSL-FO output is failing

Michael Smith smith at xml-doc.org
Fri Jul 8 12:16:10 CEST 2005

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> writes:

> funtion parsing is a bit tricky; future versions of pdftex will have regexp
> parsing so then we can implement safe solutions
>
> around line 3000 in x-fo.tex, change this:
>
>   \doifsomething{\XMLop{column-width}}
>     {%\setlocalhsize
>      %\FOtableW\localhsize
>      \analyzefunction{\XMLop{column-width}}%
>      % hm, we need to set localhsize earlier
>      \doifelse\functionname{proportional-column-width}
>        {\FOtableW\functionA\textwidth}
>        {\FOtableW\textwidth
>         \setpercentdimen\FOtableW{\XMLop{column-width}}}%
>      \expanded{\setupTABLE[column][\FOtablecolumn][width=\the\FOtableW]}}

OK, I made that change and ran my same test doc through foXet. It
processed it without stopping, but the PDF it generates is missing
some content.

The following content is in the source in my test doc:

  <fo:block space-after="1em">gtk-options <fo:inline font-family="serif">--</fo:inline> Standard Command Line Options for GTK+ Programs</fo:block>

  <fo:block space-before.optimum="1em" space-before.minimum="0.8em" space-before.maximum="1.2em">This manual page describes the command line options, which are common to all GTK+ based applications.</fo:block>

But that content is not rendered in the PDF output from foXet.

  --Mike