[NTG-context] How to access special quotationsmarks and the euro symbol

Henning Hraban Ramm ntg-context@ntg.nl
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 18:26:04 +0100

Am Freitag, 06.02.04, um 13:01 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Stefan=20
Wachter:
> can anyone tell me how the following unicode characters can be=20
> accessed with ConTeXt?
> “ - left double quotation mark
> „ - double low 9 quotation mark
> In LaTeX I used the \grqq- and \glqq-macros.

Use logical markup:
\quotation{That=92s quoted in double quotes}, \quote{and that=92s in =
single=20
quotes}.
You get right quotation marks if you setup the right language:
\setupmainlanguage[de]

If you need foreign quotes for longer citations, just switch the=20
language:
{\fr \quotation{C=92est la vie!}}

> In addition, I have difficulties in accessing the Euro character. The=20=

> proposed method
> \usesymbols[euro] and the later use of
> \euro or \texteuro
> does not work. I get the message
>
> \definedfont=3Deurose at 14.39996pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file =
not=20
> found.
>
> What steps do I have to perform in order to install that font=20
> correctly?

That seems to use Adobe(?) Euro fonts. Hans?

Gr=FC=DFlis vom Hraban!
--=20
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/