[NTG-context] How to rotate a single character on a line?

Stefan Wachter ntg-context@ntg.nl
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:22:51 +0100

Hi all.

I want to use some arrows of the ZapfDingbats fonts. Most of the arrows
included in this font are directed from left to right. I tried to use
\rotate to produce arrows directed to different directions. Yet, rotate
produces new lines.

Example:

\definefontsynonym[ZapfDingbats][zd]
\definefont[Zapf][ZapfDingbats at 24pt]

\rotate[rotation=180]{\Zapf\char234} {\Zapf\char234}

The example is intended to produce an arrow directed to the left
followed by an arrow directed to the right. The result however is an
arrow directed to the left followed by a new line with an arrow directed
to the right.

intended:
<- ->

result:
<-
->

Does someone know how the new line can be suppressed?

Thanks,
--Stefan