[NTG-context] Re: Re: something new

Hans Hagen ntg-context@ntg.nl
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 23:26:12 +0200

At 23:10 28/03/2004, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

>Lucky one ... I tried it four times now, with different browsers, and
>failed always!

(with respect to browsers: firebird has a good acrobat integration, at
least on windows)l with respect to os-x: keep in mind that some browsers
use the built in viewer which just generates a non interactive bitmap (sigh)

>The only difference that I can think of is that you use Windows and I use
>MacOSX.
>If I enter the URL the download of "show-exa.pdf" starts. And if I open
>the file, go to the last page, click on it then AcrobatReader6 tells me:
>"Could not open the file 'fiften.pdf'". And that is understandable because
>there is no file "fifteen.pdf" on my desktop. And it's not in your list of
>"Downloadable PDF files ".

Is there a way to configure acrobat for that? (Why doesn't adobe fix their
web plugin for osx ...); of course i can somehow force the base url but
then local instances would not work any longer

>That's why I asked where is this file ?

   http:\\www.pragma-ade\com\present\talks\fifteen.pdf

in case of doubt: open the show-exa.pdf in an editor and search for
fifteen.pdf -)

Hans