[NTG-context] Re: Typescript for Helvetica - what's wrong?

Stefan Wachter ntg-context@ntg.nl
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:17:29 +0200


Adam Lindsay wrote:
> Stefan Wachter said this at Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:54:27 +0200:
> 
> 
>>I tried to write a typescript to use the Helvetica PDF base 14 fonts. 
> 
> 
> Interesting problem. I haven't dealt with it, but it seems like a worthy
> goal. I thought Patrick Grundlach (?) did some work with this, but I'm
> not sure. Check the archives.
> 
> 
>>Yet, the example below uses the (default) Computer Modern Roman fonts. I 
>>wrote the typescript along the lines of the excellent help document at 
>>(http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html).
>>
>>Thanks for your attention,
>>--Stefan
>>
>>\enableregime[il1]
>>\setupoutput[pdftex]
>>\setuppapersize[A4][A4]
>>\setuplayout[leftmargindistance=0cm]
>>\setupheadertexts[]
> 
> 
> Okay, put the following typescripts into a separate file (type-hv.tex):
> 
> 
>>\starttypescript [sans] [helvetica] [texnansi]
>>  \definefontsynonym [Helvetica]             [hv]   [encoding=texnansi]
>>  \definefontsynonym [Helvetica-Bold]        [hvb]  [encoding=texnansi]
>>  \definefontsynonym [Helvetica-BoldOblique] [hvbo] [encoding=texnansi]
>>  \definefontsynonym [Helvetica-Oblique]     [hvo]  [encoding=texnansi]
>>\stoptypescript
>>
>>\starttypescript [sans] [helvetica] [name]
>>  \definefontsynonym [Sans]            [Helvetica]
>>  \definefontsynonym [SansBold]        [Helvetica-Bold]
>>  \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]      [Helvetica-Oblique]
>>  \definefontsynonym [SansSlanted]     [Helvetica-Oblique]
>>  \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic]  [Helvetica-BoldOblique]
>>  \definefontsynonym [SansBoldSlanted] [Helvetica-BoldOblique]
>>  \definefontsynonym [SansCaps]        [Helvetica]
>>\stoptypescript
>>
>>\starttypescript [pdf]
>>  \definetypeface [MyHelvetica] [ss] [sans] [helvetica] [default] 
>>[encoding=texnansi]
>>\stoptypescript
> 
> 
> ...and replace them in your source file with:
> 
> \usetypescriptfile[type-hv]
> 
> 
>>\usetypescript[pdf]
>>\setupbodyfont[MyHelvetica]
> 
> 
> \setupbodyfont[MyHelvetica,ss]
> 
> 
> 
>>\starttext
>>This is Helvetica, {\bf bold}, {\it italic}, {\bi bold-italic},
>>{\tfa bigger} and {\tfx smaller}.
>>\stoptext
> 
> 
> After I got my pdftex.map pointing to pdftex_ndl14.map (the hardest part
> of all this), I was able to generate the PDFs with the correct,
> unembedded fonts.
> 
> Hope that helps... you were pretty close!
> adam
Hi Adam,

thanks for the help. After extracting the typescript code into a 
seperate typescript file everything works fine!

--Stefan