[NTG-context] ConTeXt's CD

Hans Hagen ntg-context@ntg.nl
Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:19:23 +0200

At 03:21 04/04/2004, sebastian.rooks@free.fr wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm trying "ConTeXt on CD" using
>    http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/tex.iso.bz2
>
>First of all: it is really amazing ! Everything needed for ContTeXt on one CD
>and ready to use. I'll keep this CD in my pocket for now :-)
>
>Since I'm a nasty user, here are a suggestion and some problems:
>1/ What about adding a shortcut to cscite.bat under the CD's root or an
>autorun.inf? It would be much more natural than usr/local/context/cscite.bat

i'd like that but somehow i cannot get the icon working; i'm thinking of a
root startup as well (extra); the /usr construct is needed because we have
more than context -)

>2/ With the last version, 29-Mar-2004 21:35, when I try to "compile"
>readme.tex
>(copied on hard-disk and opened with scite) with Ctrl+F7 (concheck readme.tex)
>I've got a "file not found" error.

hm, will check it

>3/ When I try to build the same file I've got the following error:
>fonts          : [palatino] [texnansi] []
>! I can't find file `.\type-syn'.

i ran into that too and spent the weekend sorting it out; i'll upload a new
version tomorrow

>4/ I can open the readme.pdf file with acrobat but Crtl+2 (Tools/View PDF
>file)
>a message box pop up with the message:
>Error while launching "gsview32.exe" with Params: "readme.pdf" The specified
>file was not found.

hm, will check

I also found some ways around the tmp path problem (spaces in names of
paths and so)

Hans