[NTG-context] ConTeXt and the blind

Alan Bowen ntg-context@ntg.nl
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:00:12 -0400

Bill, Erik, and Matthew=97

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I will explore pdftotext and=20
the Acrobat =93Save As=94 options. One of the problems for all=97and =
perhaps=20
it is insuperable=97is the ability of such reading software to present=20=

phrases in foreign languages and mathematical expressions. I will=20
report to you at least on what I discover.

Best, Alan

On Apr 14, 2004, at 7:44 PM, Matthew Huggett wrote:

> You'd have to do it a file at a time, but does the Acrobat Reader's=20
> "save as text" function do what you need?
>
> A much bigger solution would be to have your source as xml and then go=20=

> from there to ConTeXt and pdf or straight to plain text via XSLT.
>
> Matt
>

> Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>> I have very recently launched a new journal which has been designed=20=

>> on the assumption that it will exist in both electronic form and in=20=

>> print=97hence, it is produced using ConTeXt and exists natively in =
PDF=20