[NTG-context] Superimposing two flowcharts

Hans Hagen ntg-context@ntg.nl
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:11:54 +0200

Hi Sytse,

>The remaining problem is that the bigger shape is scaled down to the size
>of the smaller shapes.

I see, you need a shape that spans n cells. I must figure out a way to
extend the flow charter with that (i.e. a kind of virtual shape, where the
lines are still drawn from separate nodes, something:

\startFLOWspan
  \name{Obs}
  \location{1,1}
  \shape{action}
  \text{{\bf observations}}
\stopFLOWspan

so let's put that on the todo list ... (remind me in a while, i need to
print the modules and look into it)

For the moment, you can do something:

\startFLOWchart[Observations]  % The bigger shape

\setupFLOWcharts
   [nx=3,
    ny=2,
    dx=40pt,
    dy=25pt,
    breedte=260pt,
    hoogte=130pt]

\startFLOWcell
  \name{Obs}
  \location{1,1}
  \shape{action}
  \text{{\bf observations}}
\stopFLOWcell

\stopFLOWchart

\startFLOWchart[Parameters] % The smaller shapes

\setupFLOWcharts
   [nx=5,
    ny=2,
    dx=40pt,
    dy=25pt,
    breedte=110pt,
    hoogte=130pt]

... you need to fix the widths and distances (some kind of larger grid) but
since calculations is part of your profession i leave that to you -)

(you can use \dimexpr for that)

Hans