[NTG-context] Font/UTF-8 input question

Hans Hagen ntg-context@ntg.nl
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:31:00 +0200

At 14:26 27/04/2004, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'd like to use a Unicode font such as Linux Libertine [1]. Besides things
>which should happen "automatically" like ligatures, I want to enter all
>characters directly in the UTF-8 file (including those wierd characters).
>I remember that there is some UTF-8 support in ConTeXt, but I don't
>remember the details. Is it possible to simply enter a character such as
>U+FB02 or do I have first to adapt both the input encoding and the font
>encoding files?

in prinicple regime utf should work for the input; characters are mapped
onto their symbolic names so fonts should go ok

with regards to unicode fonts: you need to create a 255 char variant (i.e.
ttftoafm and alike); i'm sure that some of the open type font guru;s on
this list can tell you how to proceed there

Hans