[NTG-context] Re:: \filbreak OK--TOC again--dupes in index.

John Culleton ntg-context@ntg.nl
Sat, 1 May 2004 08:24:51 -1000

On Thursday 29 April 2004 10:10 pm, John Culleton wrote:

> To make the eplain macros coexist with Context requires
> commenting out one line in eplain.tex:
> %\def^^L{\par}%
>
> What this line does I have no idea.

Now I am told that It converts end of page characters (^L)
to \par statements, and the extra ^ has something to do
with making the statement non-outer. The error when using
eplain with Context involves a category code problem which
I don't comprehend but accept as gospel from those who do.
A patch has been suggested by Karl Berry and will be
implemented in eplain.tex in due course.

Almost all of the functonality of eplain is also provided by
Context so the need to use both is rare. There are a few
circumstances where the combination makes sense, such as
indexing where eplain plus makeindex  offers some
additional formatting flexibility, at the cost of an extra
step or two.

--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers