[NTG-context] Notes and questions on 432 page book.

John Culleton ntg-context@ntg.nl
Wed, 5 May 2004 19:16:42 -1000

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 02:07 am, Hans Hagen wrote:
> At 18:40 05/05/2004, you wrote:
> >using the Eplain macros. If there is a way to single
> > space the TOC using the regular Context macros I will
> > be happy to eliminate the Eplain, which may solve some
> > of the other problems.
>
> what is single spacing a toc?
>
> with regards to including eplain text, why not
> typesetting it as a separate document, and then do
> something
>
> \externalfigure[eplaintoc.pdf][width=\textwidth,height=\t
>extheight]
>
> Hans

This answer put me on the path to a solution of another
problem. I had an order form made up of two text blocks
with a table in the middle. It compiled fine so long as I
left the main body of my document out. When I brought
body.tex in to the run then the table portion started
giving errors. So I set up a special run which generated
just that page in a pdf file. However I didn't want to
shrink it as Hans suggested,  and Context doesn't usually
cater to a full-page graphic nor does it let one pick an
origin point as such.

 I finally found a way to move the origin point and then
brought the pdf into the page. I fooled with \inmargin,
\rput (pstricks), \kern,\leftskip and about half the
commands in the plain tex vocabulary. Here is a solution
that works, bringing in a page size graphic and placing it
properly on my page:

\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=yes]
\vglue -1in
\hglue -.65in\externalfigure[order.pdf]
\stopstandardmakeup

This has broader potential for assembling multiple pdf pages
into a single document.  The glue sizes are of course
document dependent.

--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers