[NTG-context] eps to pdf images

Tobias Burnus ntg-context@ntg.nl
Thu, 06 May 2004 13:58:26 +0200

techw@siritech.com wrote:

>so I tried using texutil --epstopdf, but when the ghostscript window comes up it is blank and nothing
>happens after that. What do I need to do?
>I am attaching the commands that I gave to generate the pdf files .
 > E:\EPS>texutil --figures --epstopdf *.eps
 >  TeXUtil 7.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1992-2000
 >                action : generating figure directory file
 >               option : processing EPS-file
 >               option : convert EPS to PDF
 >              eps file : DataVisualization.eps

This should have created a file DataVisualization.pdf in your current

What do you mean by "the ghostscript window comes up it is blank"?
Please check, whether DataVisualization.pdf  exists. Can you open it in
If it doesn't exist, does ghostscript show DataVisualization.eps flawlessly?

What is shown in the TeX-produced PDF file? An empty frame, ...?
What is the exact line in the TeX file which includs the PDF file?