[NTG-context] eps to pdf images

Tobias Burnus ntg-context@ntg.nl
Thu, 06 May 2004 13:58:26 +0200

Hello,

techw@siritech.com wrote:

>so I tried using texutil --epstopdf, but when the ghostscript window comes up it is blank and nothing
>happens after that. What do I need to do?
>I am attaching the commands that I gave to generate the pdf files .
>

 > E:\EPS>texutil --figures --epstopdf *.eps
 >
 >  TeXUtil 7.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1992-2000
 >                action : generating figure directory file
 >               option : processing EPS-file
 >               option : convert EPS to PDF
 >              eps file : DataVisualization.eps

This should have created a file DataVisualization.pdf in your current
directory.

What do you mean by "the ghostscript window comes up it is blank"?
Please check, whether DataVisualization.pdf  exists. Can you open it in
acroread/gv?
If it doesn't exist, does ghostscript show DataVisualization.eps flawlessly?

What is shown in the TeX-produced PDF file? An empty frame, ...?
What is the exact line in the TeX file which includs the PDF file?

Tobias