[NTG-context] Grid, section, grid=top

Hans Hagen ntg-context@ntg.nl
Thu, 13 May 2004 22:37:15 +0200

At 15:51 13/05/2004, you wrote:
>Dear ConTeXt hackers,
>
>on a new project I'd like to use grid snapping. One section level
>should have grid=top to get some distance between the text preceding
>the section heading and the heading itself. This works fine. But when
>the section starts at a new page I don't want any extra line inserted
>at the top.
>
>Patrick
>

>excerpt:
>
>\setuphead
>     [Abschnitt]
>     [head=nomarking,style=\tfa,
>      alternative=inmargin,
>      distance=1em,
>      grid=top,   % <----- works fine but unwanted on page start.
>     ]

did you look at the options described in details.pdf? maybe grid=page will
help;

this top of page case is special indeed, since its there that becomes clear
that grid snapping is meant for novels and other pure text applications
(i.e. all fonts the same weight)

another option is to set the topskip to strutheight (something
\setupinterlinespace[top=.72])

Hans