Re[2]: [NTG-context] \=i

Idris Samawi Hamid
Fri, 28 May 2004 21:24:41 -0600

On Thu, 27 May 2004 23:47:07 +0200, Hans Hagen <> wrote:

> ah, we stand you sitting there crying over tex, can we?

Sometimes I want to curse TeX, believe me... Seriously though, I have a
real phobia for all that low low-level stuff...

Did u have a chance 2 look at my general solution 4 medium fonts? I would
like to generalize it to bold and small caps but I don't understand how to
set up a conditionals macro that expands in accordance with the
surrounding font. I need sthing like

\IBARA % parameterized for bold fonts
\IBARB % parameterized for sc fonts
\IBAR  % parameterized for medium fonts

> you can play with:
> \starttext
> % \startencoding[...]
> \defineaccent = {idris} {\idris}
> \definecharacter idris {sirdi}
> % \stopencoding
> he \={idris}!
> \stoptext

I don't get it; when I run this as given I don't get any accents; I just
<he sirdi!> Am I missing something?

Thnx 2 all

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy