[NTG-context] Re: flushbottom

Peter Münster ntg-context@ntg.nl
Mon May 31 19:43:27 CEST 2004

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:
>
> > how could I get stretchable space between paragraphs, tables and figures, so
> > that the last line of a page flushes always to the bottom?
> > \setupwhitespace[0pt plus 1pt] does not seem to work...
>
> try \setupwhitespace[0pt plus 1fil]
> But this might be too much sometimes.

Thanks! I tried 1fil, but it was not enough. 1fill seems to be good. But on
the last page, there is a problem. Here is my example file:

\def\Par{bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
  bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla}
\def\Fig{\placefigure{A figure.}{\framed{\vbox to 5cm{bla}}}}
\def\Tab{\placetable{A table.}{\framed{\vbox to 5cm{bla}}}}
\setuplayout[height=24cm]
\setupwhitespace[0pt plus 1fill]
\starttext
\dorecurse{20}{\section{Section}\Par\Par\Par\Fig\Par\Par\par\Par\par\Tab
\Par\Par\Par\par\Par\Par\par\Par\Par\par\Par\Par\par\Par\Par\Par\Par\Par}
\stoptext

I could place a \vfilll at the end of each chapter, but perhaps there is
a more elegant solution.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/