[NTG-context] Re: Wrapping \type{}

Nikolai Weibull ntg-context@ntg.nl
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 23:24:23 +0200

* Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> [Jun 01, 2004 21:20]:
> \definestartstop[BNF][before=\startlines\setups{myBNF},after=\stoplines]
>
> \startsetups[myBNF]
>   \defineactivecharacter "
> {\bgroup\tttf\setupinlineverbatim\defineactivecharacter " {\egroup}}
>   \defineactivecharacter < {\mathematics{\string<}}
>   \defineactivecharacter > {\mathematics{\string>}}
> \stopsetups
>
> \starttext
>
> \startBNF
> \stopBNF
>
> \stoptext
>
> (cross your fingers that this does not interfere with reading files, but
> normally < > " are taken care of)

It actually worked!  Thank you so much for the example.  I'll probably
rewrite my module a bit to work more like your example above actually,
but it even worked in the context of my module.  Wow, this really saved
my ass.

> an alternative is to write a plugin forthe verbatim environment (see
> verb-ini to get an idea of what nasty things are involved with catcode
> changes).

Yeah, I was thinking of that actually, but didn't realize it as a
possibility until I'd written a lot of code...guess I should rethink
now.

Thank you Hans,
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::