Re[2]: [NTG-context] Arabic-utf-8 (plus a sample)

Idris Samawi Hamid ntg-context@ntg.nl
Sun Jun 6 00:31:49 CEST 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 01:15:56 +0200, Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it>
wrote:

> My take: try the following (should work even with ActiveState
> 5.6)
>
> ===
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> use strict;
> #D comment the following, I think we can do without
> # use open ':utf8';
>
> open(NEW,">new.tex"); #opens file to print out the result
>
> while (<>); { #this opens the file for reading
>
> $_ =~ s/\x06\x27/A/esg; #this is the actual conversion
>
> print NEW "$_"; #and this writes the result into file "new.tex"
> }
>
> close(NEW);
> ===

Hi Giuseppe (Is it not way past your bedtime;->),

Here's my result:

> perl utf2tex2.pl < unicode-utf.txt
syntax error at utf2tex2.pl line 9, near ");"
Bareword "A" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at utf2tex2.pl line 11.
Execution of utf2tex2.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

please advise;->

best
Idris

--