[NTG-context] Re: pdfTeX questions

Hans Hagen ntg-context@ntg.nl
Mon Jun 7 18:40:41 CEST 2004

Peter Münster wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2004, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>

>>>FitBH means, fit to width of bounding box. When reading text on the screen,
>>>the combination of FullScreen and FitBH seems to me optimal.
>>>

>>I could not find anything like this in ConTeXt.
>>

>After a while of searching, I found in spec-fdf.tex the following lines:
>
>\def\PDFpageviewkey{  fit}
>\def\PDFpageviewwrd{ /Fit}
>\def\PDFpageview   {/View [\PDFpageviewwrd] }
>
>I changed /Fit to /FitBH and indeed, I get lines like this:
><</S /GoTo /D [0 /FitBH]>>
>in the pdf-file. When clicking on a link, I get into FitBH mode, but not at
>startup. Does anybody know a little bit more about PDF to get this working
>as in LaTeX?

\setupinteraction[focus=fit|width|height|standard]

BH is not supported (yet)

\def\dosetuppageview#1%
  {\processaction
     [#1]
     [\v!passend=>\def\PDFpageviewkey{   fit}%
                  \def\PDFpageviewwrd{  /Fit},
   \v!minbreedte=>\def\PDFpageviewkey{  fitbh}%
                  \def\PDFpageviewwrd{ /FitBH},
      \v!breedte=>\def\PDFpageviewkey{  fith}%
                  \def\PDFpageviewwrd{ /FitH},
    \v!minhoogte=>\def\PDFpageviewkey{  fitbv}%
                  \def\PDFpageviewwrd{ /FitBV},
       \v!hoogte=>\def\PDFpageviewkey{  fitv}%
                  \def\PDFpageviewwrd{ /FitV},
    \v!standaard=>\def\PDFpageviewkey{   xyz\PDFpagexyzspec}%
                  \def\PDFpageviewwrd{  /XYZ\PDFpagexyzspec},
      \s!unknown=>\def\PDFpageviewkey{   fit}%
                  \def\PDFpageviewwrd{  /Fit}]%
   \edef\PDFpageview{/View [\PDFpageviewwrd]}}

you need to add the following to mult-con.tex first to get minheight supported

                minhoogte: minhoogte                 minheight
                           minhoehe                  minvyska
                           altezzamin                inaltimeminima

so now we have minheight and minwidth; can you test that (only when it works i will move it to the driver module; such things were buggy in previous versions of acrobat)