[NTG-context] pagination problem with \startitemize[columns]

Nikolai Weibull ntg-context@ntg.nl
Sat Jun 12 01:25:32 CEST 2004

I sent a response to an earlier thread about this, but I don't know if
it got through (my mail was down later that day).  Anyway, here's an
example of something that gets messed up.  Text following the itemize
doesn't get paginated properly.  Having a new chapter after it seems to
fix it from there on, though.

\starttext

\chapter{One}

\dorecurse{7}{\input zapf \par\relax}

\startitemize[columns,four]
\dorecurse{12}{\nop \type{[:alnum:]}}
\stopitemize

\dorecurse{7}{\input zapf \par\relax}

\stoptext

This fails for \startitemize[columns] as well.  It seems that the problem
arises when the itemize is pushed onto the second page.  Remove the
first \dorecurse{7}{\input ...} and it works fine...

Here's an example where the following chapter will be typeset correctly:

\starttext

\chapter{One}

\dorecurse{7}{\input zapf \par\relax}

\startitemize[columns,four]