[NTG-context] docs

Henning Hraban Ramm ntg-context@ntg.nl
Thu Jun 24 20:12:34 CEST 2004

Am 24.06.2004 um 16:13 schrieb Maurice Diamantini:
> A ConTeXt reference book would be much like an uptodate
> cont-eni.pdf manual. It would be comparable to the couple
> "LaTeX Lamport + Latex Compagnon"

Would be, should be, yes.

> But the reference cont-eni.pdf doesn't talk about math nor biblio.

Both are extensions from my point of view.

Even if math is "typical" for TeX, it's not typical for ConTeXt.

I think the typical university user is content with LaTeX.
ConTeXt is for those who like to design their own layout.

I seldom need any formula - TeX/ConTeXt is for me simply the
system of choice for big documents (books), presentations and
everything scriptable.
(For most of my work I use InDesign.)

> Also there is several means to do tables, and it seams
> that the two main context reference documents (gettingStart and
> cont-eni.pdf) doesn't talk about the same table system.
> Morever, neither of them talk about the last most supported
> table system which seams to be enattab.pdf!!

Yes, that's confusing.
I made an overview in my german docs, will transfer it to the Wiki soon.

>> And every latex package has its own docs that you should read - some
>> are books itself (e.g. komascript).
> Doen't know about it, doen't need it, so I'm glab it is not in
> the latex manuals :-)

The KOMA classes are an enhanced replacement for the standard LaTeX=20
classes
my Markus Kohm. If you use LaTeX it's a pity if you don't know them!

> I think the simplest thing to do is a to make a lite introduction
> documentation for use as a guide about which docs should be seen
> as reference (which table to use, how to to biblio, ...)

Again, I don't think that bibliographies are basic.
But I'm no scientific user.

Gr=FC=DFlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/=