[NTG-context] new typeface toy

Hans Hagen Outside ntg-context@ntg.nl
Sat Jun 26 19:08:54 CEST 2004

Adam Lindsay wrote:

>Hans Hagen said this at Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:46:52 +0200:
>

>>if you're happy with type-flx (we can make a synonym btw) we can add it
>>to the distribution; but only when the dimensions are frozen since it
>>influences line breaking;
>>

>Okay, sounds good. I would really appreciate having some other people try
>it out and comment before freezing it. The sanserifs, in particular, need
>more optical than mathematical matching.

indeed; (btw, your numbers suggest calculations, normally i stick to .05 steps); an option is to have some clever rscale=flexscaled{xx} mechanism which permits up/down rounding, but that's for later;

btw, in the latest example suite (cont-exa.tex) there is a fonttest interface to play with (probably went unnoticed)