[NTG-context] overstrikes and hyphenation (was Re: synopsis / column(set)s?)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Jul 14 16:25:08 CEST 2004

Alexander Klink wrote:

>Hi Hans,
>
>On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:34:44AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>>So basically I want to typeset first some text in the leftmost
>>>column (over several pages, on a grid), and then the one in the
>>>middle and then the one on the right.
>>>
>>>Is there an easy way to do this using column(set)s?
>>>

>>maybe tabulations are more convenient:
>>

>thanks, this works exactly as I intended it.
>
>But now I got yet another problem: I want to show that things have
>changed in the original document by \overstrike-ing (or \overstrikes-ing)
>them. Unluckily there seems to be no hyphenation once I do this. This
>is especially ugly with the columns. Is there a way to turn hyphenation
>on within \overstrikes?

no, the problem is that i kind of fake under/overlines and hyphenation would spoil that game.

The good news is that you can do:

\setuppapersize[S6][S6]

\definetextbackground[underline][location=text,alternative=1,background=,frame=off]

\definestartstop
  [underline]
  [before={\starttextbackground[underline]},
   after=\stoptextbackground]

\starttext

\input tufte
\starttextbackground[underline]\input tufte \stoptextbackground
\input tufte
\startunderline\input tufte \stopunderline
\input tufte

\stoptext