[NTG-context] a problem with \defineprotrudefactor

Vit Zyka vit.zyka at seznam.cz
Fri Jul 16 09:13:54 CEST 2004

>>i've been messing around with that because thanh is updating his
>>stuff; i need to handle both hz and protruding and more -)
>

> I must ask: would this mean adding Context support for the font
> expansion mentioned in his thesis? I've wanted to experiment with that
> but as far as I can tell it has previously required too much (for
> me) font manipulation outside of tex.
>
> -Bill

It is true that generating extended font metrics (e.g. cmr10+5.tfm) was
a bit deterrent thing for pdfTeX users.

It was the reason that Thanh enabled (some months ago) use hz WITHOUT a
need of generating extended metrics. But there was some problems with
this pdftex version so it coused some delay. Now I believe it will be
reflected in ConTeXt support. (I do not know what Hans thinks by "and
more" but I reckon he means some code clean up).

After that we will need:
1) new ConTeXt
2) new pdftex binary

Vit Zyka