[NTG-context] continuous numbering over components?

Hans Hagen Outside pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jul 16 12:18:56 CEST 2004

Marko Schütz wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a project containing products containing components. For one of
>the products I want to achieve a continuous numbering (as I get when
>`texexec`ing the product file) but I want a single pdf per component.
>
>I expect that there is an elegant solution, but didn't find it yet. So
>any hint is appreciated.

technically, if you have run the whole file, you can run a component

\setuphead[chapter][incrementnumber=mainfilename]

should pick up numbers from the file; can you test that? i can extend that with setting the page number as well;

another option is to use texexec --pdfselect

(this can be automated, by picking up numbers from the tuo file; remind me in a few weeks)