[NTG-context] ConTeXt output & commercial printing houses

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Sun Jul 25 11:57:29 CEST 2004

> I am planning to publish a book that is typeset using ConTeXt, and very
> soon I am going to start contacting printers for estimates. Given that
> shop prints from PDF files, does it matter that the PDFs are produced
> by
> ConTeXt?

Normally they should be able to process nearly every PDF. ;-)
If you don't need color, it'll be no problem.
If you need color, you must be careful to define everything in CMYK
mode.
If you use pictures, save them as PDF; include ICC profiles if you need
-
ConTeXt simply includes the PDFs "as is", so nothing gets lost.

If you like to impose yourself (discuss this with your printer!) you
must need some parameters like preferred size of the printing plate,
folding space etc. Normally you should leave this to the printshop.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/