[NTG-context] ConTeXt output & commercial printing houses: Thanks!

Bill McClain wmcclain at salamander.com
Tue Jul 27 13:47:40 CEST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:15:09 -0600
Matt Gushee <mgushee at havenrock.com> wrote:

> > Different shops might have different requirements, but Bookmobile
> > simply requires an exact image of the book, page size defined to be
> > the paper size. Easy.
>
> You're referring to just the interior, right? I would think that
> covers have to have a bit of bleed, no?

For the front and back covers I've just used the interior paper size.
Given a page count the printer specifies the spine width, and perhaps
they allow a little exapansion there?

For the cover I create a single PDF file with the panels joined as so:

    back|spine|front

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                      Pagan Papers
http://sattre-press.com/                    by Kenneth Grahame