[NTG-context] PDFTeX Homepage

Brooks Moses bmoses at stanford.edu
Sat Jul 31 20:52:50 CEST 2004

At 12:56 AM 7/31/2004, you wrote:
>If I google for pdfTeX homepage, then I get the following link:
>
>http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/
>
>However, this must not be the official homepage as it seems to not have been
>updated in a long time and also does not mention anything about the available
>1.20 version.

This is, as best I can tell, the official homepage.  See below for why it's
quite reasonable that it doesn't contain version 1.20.

>Also I cannot find the file named pdftexlib.zip as mentioned in the user
>manual on the above site.
>
>Where I can find the latest and greatest versions and documentatio on PDFTeX?

The official testing page, which contains version 1.20a-rc6 -- you'll note
that version is still only a release candidate in testing, not an official
release, which is undoubtably why it's not available on the official
distribution site -- is at:
   http://pdftex.sarovar.org/

I find very few online references to pdftexlib.zip, and all of them are
rather old, so I wonder if the files it contains are now included in with
the rest of the standard distibution rather than being a separate file.

I suspect that the documentation at http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/
is as up-to-date as exists.

- Brooks