[Fwd: Re: [NTG-context] metaobj and transparent colors with \MPcolor]

Vit Zyka vit.zyka at seznam.cz
Mon Aug 2 13:21:25 CEST 2004

>>input metaobj;
>>beginfig(1)
>>  fill fullcircle scaled 1cm withcolor red;
>>	color t; t:=(1,1,0);
>>	%setObjectDefaultOption("Box")("fillcolor")(t);
>>	newBox.test("");
>>	Obj(test).c=origin;
>>	drawObj(test);
>>endfig;
>>
>>end.
>
> Your color is not transparent, so it will work as expected: no white
> box.

???

The example demonstrated that it *IS* drawn white box in the background
of every metaobj object. Exactly as you mentioned.

But I had a second look into mpobj.mp and probably find out the white
box tiger. Comment line 750:
   unfill BpathObj(n);
I am sure this hack will cause some unpleasant side-effects (e.g. with
shaded boxes) but in some limited situations...

Vit Zyka