[NTG-context] Re: Best source of ConTeXt documentation?

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Tue Aug 3 08:38:13 CEST 2004

Hello Salman,

> The problem with "normal
> users" cooking up new styles is the lack of artistic abilities in
> some people (like me).

But you will never gain artistic abilities by simple copy/paste.

> One can, obviously go thru the manual cover the cover, but if one
> does not have creative thinking, then creating professional looking
> styles would be hard. That is why, users like me really do not care
> if our documents look like everybody else's (just as long as they
> look professional).

The ability to know how to program/use a text editor/use photoshop
can only help you with the technical difficulties in making a
professional cover and style. Not more.

> And of course, once we learn the tool, then making small changes
>here and there to make it look slightly different is no big deal.

Each LaTeX document looks slighlty different. But overall they are
extremely easy to classify as a LaTeX document. And why? The
distances and parameters are all given so it looks "right" and there
is no reason to change them.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net