[NTG-context] Some problems with framing typed text.

Brooks Moses bmoses at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 10 20:47:07 CEST 2004

At 11:00 AM 8/10/2004, you wrote:
>Am 10.08.2004 um 19:30 schrieb Brooks Moses:
>>In the document I'm working on, I'd like to put some typed code bits in
>>frames, to get an appearance sort of like the code excerpts on the
>>ConTeXtWiki.  However, I've found myself needing to do a couple of rather
>>ugly hacks to get that to work right, and I'm hoping for some suggestions
>>on how to avoid that.
>
>Did you try something like:
>
>\setupbackground[background=screen, frame=on, color=blue]
>\setuptyping[before=\startbackground, after=\stopbackground]
>
>\starttyping
>bla bla
>\stoptyping

I hadn't, but I have now.  (I assume the color=blue was meant to be
framecolor=blue?)  That does seem to work well and avoid most of the
problems; thanks!

It still doesn't give me a \parskip before the typed text, though -- try
putting a \setupspacing[big] with the above code to see what I
mean.  (That's an easy fix, though; a \vskip\parskip in the before= command
fixes it.)  That seems like a bug somewhere, though -- if I comment out the
\setuptyping command, the spacing is fine.

- Brooks