[NTG-context] Re: no graph after compilation

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Thu Aug 12 21:06:28 CEST 2004

Hello Duncan,

> As the author of that page I should respond!

:-)

> First of all, as the name suggests, it's about a Linux installation,
> and this is a Windows installation.

Which should not make any differences when talking about tds.

> I have no experience at all of Windows installs, and nothing on that
> page should be applied to Windows unless you know that it works
> there too. I don't.

Neither have I (windows experience)

> Second, the reason I make that recommendation is that in my set up,
> that is what works best. (Essentially that page is a copy of my own
> readme file which reminds me how to set up my server again after it
> crashes...) Replacing the files removes any doubt about versions of
> files being used, and forces one to review and understand the file
> structure and changes between versions. I always diff the complete
> fileset first to see what's changed.

But the point is that with the changed metapost subdirectory, the old
metafun stuff will stay there and will still be used unless you
update your setup.

> Perhaps a Windows_Installation page will be the result of the process
> you are going through. :-)

I think that distinguishing between texlive/miktex/whatevertex makes
more sense here.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net