[NTG-context] rectangle-words (like in details.pdf)

Brooks Moses bmoses at stanford.edu
Sun Aug 15 23:23:58 CEST 2004

At 04:32 AM 8/13/2004, you wrote:
>...it is not that I am inpatient - it's curiosity:
>
>Does really nobody knows the answer to my question,
>or is it just that it's too trivial to answer?!

I was busy with other things, and hadn't had a chance to answer.

There is no such thing as a question too trivial to answer, unless it's so
trivial that nobody has asked it.  (There are occasionally questions that
are sufficiently trivial that the appropriate answer is "read the
documentation, as it's clear that you haven't yet", but this certainly
isn't one of them.)

> > How do I get these black rectangle-words as they are used in Hans'
> > "details.pdf" for example (see page 16 or 25)?
> >
> > Is this a special font - or is there a certain context command used?

It's a series of random black rules (see \blackrule in the ConTeXt manual);
my impression (from a mention in the columns.pdf manual and comments in the
core-mat.tex file) is that they're created by the \fakewords command.

However, \fakewords doesn't seem to be a part of my ConTeXt distribution
(and it's the latest version), so I'm not sure where Hans's files are
getting it from.

- Brooks