[NTG-context] Ancient Greek

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Aug 23 17:25:29 CEST 2004

Hi Steffen,

>Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta at iol.it> wrote:
>Download Claudio Beccari's fonts. (cbgreek)
>

>> <>
>> Well, I did download the whole archive (71MB).

This the archive is inded very big, and takes some probably unzips in some more MBytes, thereby taking more that 10% of the tex live cd!

Maybe it makese sense to determine a suitable subset (like the list that GB used to define the cbgreek typescript); also, i wonder if scaling really affects the quality. Are these real type 1's or converted bitmaps?

Since you're the user who wants greek most, can you make such a list?

  \showfont[fontname] can be of help ...

Maybe tex live can benefit from it.

Hans

PS. Karl: interesting to keep an eye on in the perspective of keeping tex live within reasonable size.