[NTG-context] Boldmath Lucida

Sytse Knypstra S.Knypstra at eco.rug.nl
Thu Aug 26 15:08:26 CEST 2004

Hi all,

When writing a mathematical text I encountered a few problems with bold
Under the line you will find three problems (dutch interface).
Are they due to my insufficient knowledge of installing fonts?
Thanks for any comment.

Sytse Knypstra

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif]       [lucida] [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]        [lucida] [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [ss] [sans]        [lucida] [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math,bfmath] [lucida] [default]
\stelformulesin [methode=vet]
\gebruiktypescript [lucida] [texnansi]
\switchtotypeface  [lucida] [12pt]

Problem 1:

${\bfmath x}$   gives boldface standard  x.

${\bfmath x}{\bfm }$  gives boldface italic $x$ which is what I want.

${\bfmath \Gamma}$  gives a space;

only ${\bfmath \Gamma}{\bfm }$  gives the boldface italic $\Gamma$ that I want.

Problem 2:

${{\bfm \beta}}$  gives a wrong glyph (in fact the ligature 'fi').

Problem 3:

After $\bfm \beta$ the text is no longer  printed in the same Lucida Bright
style as before.