[NTG-context] Re: Re: btex ... etex in .mp

Nikolai Weibull context-list at pcppopper.org
Fri Aug 27 18:48:19 CEST 2004

* Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> [Aug 27, 2004 15:40]:
> Don't know. Metapost seems to be complaining about something
> that is part of extra_endfig, but neither trees.mp nor mp-text.mp
> do anything with that, so it may be completely unrelated ?

Actually, it was boxes.mp's fault.  I was "input"ing boxes from two
places, and it was not multiple-inclusion-protected, so line 122 of
metapost/base/boxes.mp was being executed twice, adding
clearboxesclearboxes instead of only clearboxes.  The line is buggy
though, as it should read

	extra_endfig := extra_endfig & "clearboxes;";

My error report should have been

	>> clearboxesclearboxes
	! Isolated expression.
	:
	:

which I didn't realize until now.

Who should one contact about fixing that?

Anyway, the real problem was that texexec doesn't run with --mptex when
it actually needs to.  If there are textext() stuff or other generated
btex ... etex stuff, but no btex ... etex in the picture itself, the
extra run for the labels is not performed.  This needs fixing and should
probably not be impossible to fix, but I guess it's yet another one of
my "pushing the limits of ConTeXt/MetaPost"-problems.  I cannot quite
figure out how texexec determines whether to run an extra run of the
files, but it won't.  I can provide an example of this off-list (as
there are quite a few files necessary for even a small example) if
anyone is interested.

The temporary solution is thus to include at least one btex ... etex
sequence in the graphic:
	label(textext(""), origin);

which of course is crap, but it's the best I could come up with.
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::