[NTG-context] Absolute positioning of graphics on the page

Martin Kolarik martin at mii.cz
Tue Sep 7 20:43:44 CEST 2004

> This surely works ok for "top left". But how can I guarantee
> that "top right" has its *top right* corner in the position? I
> would have to calculate the coordinates manually (depending on
> page site, "top right text" dimensions etc).

Yes, AFAIK the mechanism does not support this now (and I do not know, if it
sometimes will do -- it seems to me it is a relatively old part of ConTeXt
and Hans himself recommends you the layers :-).

Anyway, you would have to count positions and coordinates manually.

But there is always a way using generic TeX here:

\position(40,1){%
  \hbox to 0pt{%
    \hss
    \vbox to 0pt{
      -- a material to typeset or display --
      \vss
    }
  }

Of course, this solution does not take into account all of ConTeXt dependent
(and very convenient and pretty) features like grid fitting etc.

It is a thing of your needs.

Have a nice day,

Martin