[NTG-context] what fonts I have in my systems?

ciro ciro at kavyata.com
Sat Sep 18 03:15:01 CEST 2004

Thank you to Tobias Hilbricht for the script.
It is exactly what I was looking for.

I notice that the command "testfont"
is not a command with the backslash "\"
Is there any way to create one single file with
a \sample page for each font installed in my computer?

Ciro

Dear Ciro,
I used the following shell skript, which was one and a half years ago on
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/fonts/fonts.phtml

fontdemo.sh

-------------

find `kpsewhich -expand-var='$TEXMFMAIN'`/fonts/tfm -name '*.tfm' -print
| \
	sed 's at .*/@@; s@\.tfm$@@' | \
	xargs sh -c 'for i in "$@"; do (echo $i; echo \\\sample\\\bye) | \
	tex testfont; mv testfont.dvi $i.dvi; echo $i.dvi; done' sh

It gives you one dvi-file per installed font in your TeX-System - that
is usually a lot.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht