[NTG-context] Poster with layers

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Sep 27 10:54:09 CEST 2004

Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have to prepare a scientific poster, and of cause using anything
> except TeX is below a real scientist's dignity.
> The main problem is that I have to arrange content rather freely on the
> page, without the regularity imposed by using tables or columns. Using
> layers for this purpose is probably best. I have started with something
> like:
>
> \definelayer[ModelingLayer]
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=ModelingLayer]
> \setlayer[ModelingLayer][position=no,x=1cm,y=1cm]{%
> 	\framed{Whatever}}

layers are ok for that,

\starttext

\useMPlibrary[dum]

\setuppapersize
   [A1][A1]

\setupcolors
   [state=start]

\definelayer
   [page]
   [width=\paperwidth,
    height=\paperheight]

\setupbackgrounds
   [page]
   [background=page]

\startstandardmakeup

\startbuffer
\input ward
\stopbuffer

\setlayerframed
   [page]
   [preset=lefttop]
   [align=normal,
    width=.25\paperwidth,
    frame=off]
   {\getbuffer}

\setlayerframed
   [page]
   [offset=.2\paperwidth,
    preset=righttop]
   [width=.2\paperwidth,
    align=normal]
   {\getbuffer}

\setlayerframed
   [page]
   [preset=middle]
   [offset=1cm]
   {\externalfigure[whatever][width=4cm,height=5cm]}

\stopstandardmakeup

\stoptext