[NTG-context] Math Diagrams in ConTeXt

Brooks Moses bmoses at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 29 23:01:23 CEST 2004

At 11:53 AM 9/29/2004, you wrote:
>I need to typeset a few (simple) diagrams in ConTeXt,
>like the ones mathematicians use, with arrows. In LaTeX, one can use
>pictex or DCpic. The latter claims also to work with ConTeXt, but I
>couldn't find an example. Has anybody managed to do something like this?

Why not use MetaPost?  With all of ConTeXt's features for doing in-document
MetaPost code, this would be the perfect solution for your problem.  Have a
look at Hans's MetaFUN manual for a good starting point on using it.

Also, I believe the original MetaPost manual has some examples of figures
very much like the ones that you want to draw.

- Brooks