[NTG-context] setup of headers

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Oct 4 18:35:10 CEST 2004

Thomas A.Schmitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> found an old thread in the list archives, Adam Warner and Hans, but
> there was no real conclusion. Can this be done in ConTeXt? I want the
> following setup for my headers: mirror doublesided, on the even pages
> pagenumber leftaligned, chaptertitle midaligned; odd pages sectiontitle
> midaligned, pagenumber rightaligned; like so:
>
> 9______chapter______   ||  ______section______10
>
> If I am not completely mistaken, setupheadertexts takes either one
> argument (identical header fo all pages, midaligned) or two (identical
> header for all pages, rightaligned/leftaligned) or four (mirroring
> even/odd headers, rightaligned/leftaligned). I think what we need here
> would be for \setupheadertexts to accept SIX arguments:
>
> \setupheadertexts[even left][even middle][even right][odd left][odd
> middle][odd right]

this is the readable way:

\showframe

\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesiddd]

\setupheadertexts[]
\setupheadertexts[\setups{text a}][][][\setups{text b}]

\startsetups[text a]
   \rlap{\pagenumber}
   \hfill
   \getmarking[chapter]
   \hfill
   \llap{whatever}
\stopsetups

\startsetups[text b]
   \rlap{whatever}
   \hfill
   \getmarking[section]
   \hfill
   \llap{\pagenumber}
\stopsetups

\starttext

\chapter{test chapter} \page \section{test section}

\stoptext

(it's up to you to submit it into the wiki)