[NTG-context] stretched text

Piotr Kopszak kopszak at mnw.art.pl
Tue Oct 26 16:04:28 CEST 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 10:32:53AM -0500, Bill McClain wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:06:10 +0200
> kopszak at mnw.art.pl (Piotr Kopszak) wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I know it's a bad habit to use stretched text, but apparently
> > formerly people thought differently. I am typesetting old quotations
> > and would not want to replace stretched text simply by emphasized. Is
> > it absolutely discouraged in ConTeXt or is there any way to have
> > it... (in spite of its ugliness).
>
> It's still recommended in certain cases, for example in all capital or
> small cap titles. Sometimes I do it and sometimes not.
>
> You can do it in Context. See:
>
> http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html#typography-letterspacing
>
> You might have to look into the sources to find other options.
>
> -Bill

Right, but as far as I understand this solution:

       \def\CapStretchAmount{.08em}
       \def\CapStretch#1{\def\stretchedspaceamount{\CapStretchAmount}\stretchednormalcase{#1}}

       Which is used as so:

       \CapStretch{\sc The King in Yellow}

applies only to small caps?

Piotr

--
   Piotr Kopszak, Ph.D.
   Polish Art Gallery, National Museum in Warsaw