[NTG-context] A simple project.

Dirar BOUGATEF chabah5 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:12:45 CET 2004

Hi Hans,

Looks like am never going to get out of my installation problems without
getting the write way to do it.

Back to Bill's mc clain method, i have done the equivalent of this in XP:

mv cont-tmf.zip /usr/TeX/texmf
cd /usr/TeX/texmf
rm tex/context/base/*        # safer to clean out old files first
rm metapost/context/base/*   # ...also remove metafun files
rm metapost/context/*.mp     # ...and any from an obsolete version
unzip -a -L -o cont-tmf.zip  # overwrites existing files

# Edit texexec.ini afterwards?
cp context/config/texexec.rme context/config/texexec.ini

# Edit cont-sys.tex afterwards? Specifically: uncomment the line:
#   \autoloadmapfilestrue
# For Metapost use, make sure these lines are uncommented:
#   \runMPgraphicstrue
#   \runMPTEXgraphicstrue
#   \useMETAFUNformattrue
cp tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme tex/context/user/cont-sys.tex

# Edit /usr/TeX/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf and ensure that "shell_escape = t".
# is what TeX people somewhat obscurely call "write18 enabled".

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/TeX/bin/i386-linux # root doesn't have this on my

texexec --make en  # en = english
texexec --make --alone metafun
mv metafun.mem /usr/TeX/texmf-var/web2c/metafun.mem

exit # from "su root"

Now, nothing changed within my context version, still ConTeXt  ver:
2003.9.25  fmt: 2004.8.17  int: english  mes: english.

When i use a straight file (e.g AllInOneFile.tex) without the project
structure another version of Context is used: ConTeXt  ver: 2004.11.06  fmt:
2004.11.15  int: english  mes: english

Things stay the same wether i use the --pdf option or not.

Many thanks :)