[NTG-context] Re: does context support vietnamese?

Adam Lindsay atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 02:45:17 CET 2004

The Thanh Han said this at Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:36:05 +0700:

>Hi Adam,
>ET5 was the first proposed font encoding for vietnamese; then it was
>renamed to X5 with a few modifications. T5 is a minor update -- it's
>heavily based on X5 but I don't remember what has been changed.

Thanks. The questions now seem to be, is there a significant amount of
fonts/support files/work that relied on x5 that needs to be supported?
Because I just discovered that there were some serious bugs in the
ConTeXt interpretation of the x5 encoding, and that any regular user
would have demanded that something be changed!

 Adam T. Lindsay, Computing Dept.     atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Lancaster University, InfoLab21        +44(0)1524/510.514
 Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/510.492