[NTG-context] Recommended Books on Typesetting

Willi Egger w.egger at boede.nl
Mon Nov 29 17:40:43 CET 2004

This would be very nice!

In the case this is to happen, I would suggest to add the following tow
books to the list:

Jan Tschichold. Ausgew\"ahlte Aufs\"atze \"uber die Fragen der Gestalt
des Buches und der Typographie. Birkh\"auser Verlag Basel 2. Auflage.
ISBN-3-7643-1946-1

Some of the articles contained in this book, which is in German, are
translated into Ducht and English.

Phil Baines & Adnrew Haslam. Type & typography.Laurence King Publishing
Ltd London. 2002 ISBN-1-85669-244-2.

Apparently there is a new publication "Thinking with type" by Ellen
Lupton at Princeton Architectural Press. 2004.
http://www.papress.com/bookpage.tpl?isbn=1568984480 and
http://www.thinkingwithtype.com/ A small book (156 p. 20 USD)

Willi