[NTG-context] Recommended Books on Typesetting

Willi Egger w.egger at boede.nl
Mon Nov 29 17:40:43 CET 2004

This would be very nice!

In the case this is to happen, I would suggest to add the following tow
books to the list:

Jan Tschichold. Ausgew\"ahlte Aufs\"atze \"uber die Fragen der Gestalt
des Buches und der Typographie. Birkh\"auser Verlag Basel 2. Auflage.

Some of the articles contained in this book, which is in German, are
translated into Ducht and English.

Phil Baines & Adnrew Haslam. Type & typography.Laurence King Publishing
Ltd London. 2002 ISBN-1-85669-244-2.

Apparently there is a new publication "Thinking with type" by Ellen
Lupton at Princeton Architectural Press. 2004.
http://www.papress.com/bookpage.tpl?isbn=1568984480 and
http://www.thinkingwithtype.com/ A small book (156 p. 20 USD)