[NTG-context] Re: using fonts -- installation

Rob Ermers r.ermers at hccnet.nl
Tue Dec 7 00:19:13 CET 2004

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your quick reaction. Before ending this eventful day, I ran
texexec as you suggested.

The font in question is Hudson (vendor=softmaker = Berry 5), for which I
  invented the name 5hu (+r for roman). I have the two files 5hur.pdf
and 5hur.afm.

Texfont generated a number of files and put them in several directories:
- texnansi-softmaker-hudson.map in
J:\tex\localtexmf\fonts\map\pdftex\context
- texnansi-5hur.tfm in J:\tex\localtexmf\fonts\tfm\softmaker\hudson
- texnansi-5hur.vf in J:\tex\localtexmf\fonts\vf\softmaker\hudson
- 5hur.afm in J:\tex\localtexmf\fonts\afm\softmaker\hudson
- 5hur.pfb in J:\tex\localtexmf\fonts\type1\softmaker\hudson

Texfont also generated the following:
D:\Fonts\hudson\hudson: texnansi-softmaker-hudson.log
D:\Fonts\hudson\hudson: texnansi-softmaker-hudson.tex
D:\Fonts\hudson\hudson: texnansi-softmaker-hudson.tmp
D:\Fonts\hudson\hudson: texnansi-softmaker-hudson.pdf

The pdf file does not show the hudson font - I wonder if it should.

Perhaps I should mention that Texfont was interrupted; atf2tfm gets
stuck - a conflict with a dll, but if click on OK, nothing serious seems
to be the matter. The tfm file is generated after all. If I test afm2tfm
  without texfont, it works normally.

I have a test file, which is called testhuds-con.tex.

Kind regards,

Robert