[NTG-context] Converters to XML

h h extern pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Dec 12 22:36:43 CET 2004

David Arnold wrote:
> All,
>
> I understand very little about MathML and XML.
>
> Is it possible to take a Context document and convert it into XML and
> MathML to be displayed in a XML and MathML aware browser? And what browsers
> are "aware" for this task?
>
> Is it possible to take a Context document and convert it into Braille for
> the seeing impaired?
>
> I'd love to hear about these issues. Pointers on the net would be welcome.

mathml is one alternative, open math another; i'm currently playing with open
math (kind if generalized content mathml); mathml an dopen math can be converted
into each other;

the mozilla engine (firefox, netscape, mozilla) handles mathml as does the w3c
browser amaya; there are plugins for internet explorer