[NTG-context] NTG-Context, Robots and Privacy ..

Fri Dec 17 22:06:05 CET 2004

* Dirar BOUGATEF <chabah5 at hotmail.com> [Dec 17, 2004 21:30]:
> Because of my mails on the archive, the search engine robots got my
> email adress, blablabla ...

> I have contacted google and this is their answer:

> Thank you for your note. In order to remove content from Google's
> index, the webmaster must either change the content of the page itself
> or use a robots.txt file or meta tags to block us from including the
> site in our search results.

Well, if it's already out there, there's really not much to do about it,
right?  Anyway, consider getting a new mail account, perhaps on Gmail or
other, it seems to have a good spam filter.  Otherwise you may try
www.fastmail.fm, I think they're great.  I can give you a Gmail invite
if you would like it (www.gmail.com).  Anyway, spam is inevitable,
mailing-list archive or not.  Furthermore, I have not received any spam
to my context-users email alias so far, so it's strange that it affects
you.

Anyway, good luck with solving the spam issue,
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::