[NTG-context] Hyphenation peculiarity.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Dec 28 23:54:33 CET 2004

I noted that context seems to be most reluctant to hyphenate. So I ran a test
file through plain tex, pdftex and Context and checked the results. Context
hyphenated less than the other two.

The manual does not say much about hyphenation. I am using a fresh TeXLive
install.

Here is the top part of the log-----------------------------------------------
This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.3) (format=cont-en
2004.12.28)  28 DEC 2004 17:14
entering extended mode
 %&-line parsing enabled.
 (/usr/TeX/texmf/web2c/natural.tcx)
**&cont-en hypph.tex
(./hypph.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2004.11.17  fmt: 2004.12.28  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active

\hsize 2in
\input knuth.tex
\bye

It seems to act as if the hyphenation dictionary weren't here. If I put in a
discretionary hyphen  Context will use it.
--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: